It's been a whirlwind of a time having Chloe home. I don't think I got back into the swing of working (at a very demanding school), being a mom and all that entails until April.
Chloe is just a beautiful little girl. She's been walking since she was a year and 2 weeks old. She has 4 teeth. She says thank you, uh oh, doggy, wuff, hi, bye bye, and momma. She mimics everything I do from brushing my hair to putting on lipstick.
Lately I've been very aware of her not having a daddy. A couple of little girls we've met have asked where her daddy is. I want her to have a daddy, and I hope I'm not single for much longer. If it were up to me I wouldn't be. My fear is that this time of not having a daddy negatively affects her in some way.
We were in the book store Saturday and a father was reading a book to his son on the carpet. Chloe proceeds to have a seat on his lap and turn the pages.
Hopefully before I go back to Ethiopia to adopt a little boy to be her brother next year, I will have a better handle on the daddy situation.
Chloe Slideshow Extravaganza
Monday, June 29, 2009
6 month update
Posted by Teri at 7:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Glad to see you blogging again Teri. Sabah also started walking two weeks after her first birthday and I, like you, am really feeling strongly about the daddy issue too! Oh, and another thing we have in common...I REALLY HOPE to be back in ET next year adopting a second child as well. For me though, it will be an older child...5-7 years old (another girl).
Good luck with your job search.
Post a Comment